After an amazing freshman year and great start to sophomore year at Drexel, I can really say that Philly feels like home. I have come to love this city so much more than I ever thought I would. I have always been a New York girl, and don’t get me wrong I still love it dearly, but Philly is a truly wonderful city. In my opinion, it’s the perfect place for college because being situated right in University City is a great balance of city and campus. We’re a quick walk away from Rittenhouse Square, Center City and South Street, and a quick subway/ Uber ride from Old City, Fishtown, and so many other wonderful Philadelphia neighborhoods.
There are so many coffee shops in this city that I love. Two of my best friends have a coffee instagram, so every Friday we go out and try a new coffee shop! A few of my favorites are Rival Brothers Coffee, One Shot, Konditori, Bluestone Lane and of course, Saxby’s.
There are so many restaurants I truly love in Philly, I don’t even know where to begin. I’m going to break it down by meal, because I have to share all of my favorites… I just can’t narrow it down. Please comment with any questions about the restaurants— happy to share!
- White Dog Cafe (University City)
- Parc (Rittenhouse Square)
- Little Spoon Cafe (South Street)
- Sabrina’s Cafe (University City & other locations)
- Ants Pants Cafe (South Street)
- Green Eggs (Center City/ Gayborhood)
- Luna Cafe (Old City)
- The Tasty (South Philly)
- Buddakan (Old City)
- Pietro’s (Center City)
- Capofitto (Old City)
- The Dandelion (Center City)
- Distrito (University City)
- Pod (University City)
- Nomad Pizza (Center City & Old City)
- Gran Cafe L’Aquila (Center city)
- Giorgio on Pine (Center City)
- Lil Pop Shop (Center City & University City)
- Capogiro (Old City, Center City, University City)
- Franklin Fountain (Old City)
- Waffles & Wedges (Center City)
- Beiler’s Donuts (University City & Reading Terminal Market)
- Federal Donuts (University City)
- Magic Gardens
- Reading Terminal Market
- Old city/ Historic District
- Spruce Street Harbor Park
- LOVE Park
- Rittenhouse Square Park
- The Fabric Workshop & Museum
- Barns Foundation
- Philadelphia Art Museum (and Rocky steps)
- Elfreth’s Alley
- Schuylkill River Walk
- Shopping in Center City
I didn’t want to make this post too long, but please feel free to comment with any questions or shoot me an email! Always happy to share more about the city I love.
Have you ever been to Philly and/ or tried anything on my list? Let me know in the comments!