I’ve started listening to podcasts lately and I’ve been loving it. Its a whole new library full of inspiration and education. Most of the ones I’ve been listening to are tied to the fashion industry in some way (surprise, surprise). I’ve had them playing while writing blog posts, while coloring (another new obsession of mine) or while on Pinterest or Tumblr. Here are a few of the podcasts I’ve been tuning into:
1. Oh Boy by Man Repeller: This is just another platform in which Man Repeller slays the game. Oh Boy is a podcast where Jay Buim, the Man Repeller filmmaker, interviews “cool women about their life and work”, in the words of the man repeller herself, Leandra Medine. I love listening to “Oh Boy” and just learning more about the lives and thought processes of cool and inspiring women, like Amy Odell and Garance Doré.
2. Girlboss Radio by Sophia Amoruso: Not gonna lie, I started reading Sophia Amoruso’s book, #GirlBoss, but never finished. Its on my list. So for now, I’ll just listen to her podcast 😉 Similar to Oh Boy and a lot of the following podcast, Sophia sits down and chats with other inspiring women that she calls girl bosses. One of my favorite episodes is the one in which she chats with Emily Weiss, founder and CEO of Glossier (and you guys know I’m obsessed with all things Glossier after this post).
3. Office Hours with College Fashionista: I love College Fashionista’s podcast, Office Hours, because its specifically focussed on the college-aged audience who is interested in fashion, business, technology and entrepreneurship. Office Hours episodes are a little shorter than the aforementioned podcasts, but just as informative. My favorite episode so far is with Elaine Welteroth. At the time of the interview, she was Beauty & Health Director at Teen Vogue, but now she is the Editor in Chief! Elaine is a long time inspiration of mine; I met her a few years ago, which was one of the best experiences ever.
4. Fashion Friends: I love this podcast because its a little bit of a different perspective than the previously mentioned ones. It is run by a fellow blogger, Jena Gambacinni of Chi City Fashion, which gives an interesting point of view not only in the interviews, but also the people who she choses to interview. One of my favorite episodes was with Hallie from Corals + Cognacs, one of my favorite bloggers!
5. Monocycle with Leandra Medine: Yes, another Man Repeller podcast. This one is with the man repeller herself, Leandra. She has such a wonderful personality and positive energy that listeners can even hear through the speakers in Medine’s Monocycle podcast. These episodes are short little snippets of whatever is going on in Leandra’s life or something she’s thinking about. She can be wildly funny, insightful and real. Highly recommend it- its an easy listen and listening to Leandra always puts me in a good mood 🙂
6. Vogue Podcast: As expected, Vogue‘s podcast interviews a ton of really cool industry professionals and celebrities. Also, I like their podcast because in each episode, the interviewer and interviewee is different, giving new perspectives and personalities each listen.
7. Fashion is Your Business: This podcast describes itself as the intersection between fashion, tech and business. It is produced by Open Source Fashion in collaboration with the Fashion Media Center. One of my favorites episodes that I’ve listened to so far is the podcast interviewing Deborah Lloyd, Chief Creative Officer of Kate Spade.
8. Pop Fashion: Ok, I included this one last but I haven’t listened to it yet but figured I’d add it in the post for anyone interested in fashion and looking for more podcasts. Once I give it a listen, I’ll update this little blurb and review 🙂
Do you listen to any podcasts? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to find some more! XO