I have mentioned it a few times before on the blog, but in the past year and a half or so, I have really stepped up my skincare game. My skincare routine used to consist of a generic drug store face wash, Neutrogena makeup remover wipes and the occasional spot treatment cream/ gel for blemishes. Not to say that doesn’t work for everyone, but that certainly did NOT work for me. Once I moved to Philadelphia and was living in the city, my skin got even worse and I finally started prioritizing my skincare.
Nine months later, I feel confident enough to leave the house with no face makeup without feeling self conscious about my skin. Keeping this consistent routine has helped my skin tremendously. Everyone’s skin is different and I urge you to find out what’s right for your skin to keep it healthy and clean. I hope this post will give you a few new products to try out and if nothing else, inspire you to find a personalized skincare routine for yourself! I’ll warn you, my routine is on the longer side and I go into lots of detail in this post, but there is something special at the end of the post you don’t want to miss 😉
MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE
- Face wash: Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser. This was the first product I started using when I was trying to clear up my skin this year. After a month and a half or so, I noticed major differences in my skin.
- Oil: Bio Oil. I’ve been using Bio Oil on the acne scarring I have on the sides of my face. I just started using this product a few weeks ago, so the long term results are to be determined. So far, it hasn’t made anything worse and it hasn’t made me breakout. The scarred areas are a little smoother than before, so hopefully that’s a step in the right direction.
- Toner: Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion. I don’t do this everyday, but when my skin is breaking out or just feels dirty or clogged, I swipe this toner over my skin using a cotton round.
- Moisturizer: Mario Badescu Oil Free SPF 30 Moisturizer. I love this moisturizer because it doesn’t clog up my skin, it’s super hydrating without being oily AND it has SPF!
- Rosewater Spray: Glossier Soothing Face Mist or Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray. I love how hydrating this stuff is. It also gives my skin the nicest glow! I spritz this on almost every morning after I put my moisturizer on. I also find myself throwing the bottle in my bag if I’m out for the day and giving myself an afternoon pick-me-up spritz!
EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE
- Makeup Remover: Garnier Micellar Water. I didn’t understand all the micellar water hype until I tried it. I used to use Neutrogena makeup remover wipes even though they made my eyes itch and skin burn. So, I made the switch to the micellar water and LOVE it! It is so gentle and takes all my makeup off. Another perk is it is cheaper than most makeup wipes (the bottle lasts waaaay longer than a pack of wipes) and is environmentally friendly. I use cotton rounds to apply the micellar water to my face.
- Face Wash: Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser. By this point in the post, I’m sure you’re not even surprised that I have yet another Glossier product in my daily skincare regiment. If you didn’t see this post declaring my love for the brand, you know now that I am a huge Glossier fan and this was the product that converted me! This face wash is so gentle and also takes off makeup, which is a nice back-up in case I missed anything with my micellar water. This cleanser is so gentle and soothing, but after washing it off, my skin feels really clean.
- Toner: Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion. If my skin is feeling dirty at all (if I’ve been in the city, sweating or my skin is breaking out), I’ll use this toner again at night. Like in the morning, I also put Bio Oil over the acne scarring on the sides of my face. I’m still testing this product out, so results are TBD!
- Serum: Glossier Super Pure, Super Bounce or Super Glow. I’ve gotten to know my skin and know what it needs. If it’s breaking out, I’ll use Super Pure. If it’s dehydrated and dry, I’ll use Super Bounce. If it’s dull and rough, I’ll use Super Glow. It depends on the day, but I use Super Bounce and Pure the most.
- Moisturizer: Glossier Priming Moisturizer. This stuff is so hydrating but doesn’t make your skin oily. It’s pure magic, I’m convinced. Before I had a real skincare routine, I never even used moisturizer. Now, if I get out of the shower at night and forget to moisturize, I can’t go 45 minutes without my skin tightening up and feeling super dry. This is definitely one of my favorite products I own! If I’m feeling like it, I put on a spritz of rosewater spray after my moisturizer at night, too 🙂
- Spot Treatment: I haven’t found one definitive spot treatment that I love yet, but as of now I use either Mario Badescu Drying Cream or Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Healing Gel. I’m waiting to find that magic product that makes blemishes disappear overnight. If you have a go-to spot treatment/ pimple magic product, let me know in the comments below!
In addition to this lengthy routine, I also try to do a face mask once every week or so. I alternate between using TONY MOLY Sheet Masks and the Glossier Mask Duo (Mega Greens Galaxy Pack & Moisturizing Moon Mask). Depending on how much time I have and what my skin needs, sometimes I only do one of the Glossier masks or even put one mask on part of my face and the other mask on another section of my face- haha! You’ve probably realized how many Glossier products I have on here, which is why I have a special treat for you! If you use this link to shop any Glossier products, you can receive 10% off your purchase.
Whew! Typing out my skincare routine made me realize just how long it is! Even though my routine is pretty cemented, I always love hearing what other people do/ products they use, so let me know your favorite skincare products and/ or your routine in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored, but by using the Glossier link above to receive 10% off, I also receive $5 off a purchase through their refer-a-friend program. This blog is not affiliated with Glossier- I am just a big fan of their products and genuinely want to spread the word!